Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hello World

Hopefully my future musings will amuse you including this-- an introduction to me. I am an Industrial Design student at the University of Cincinnati. I read somewhere that Cincinnati has fewer sunny days per year than Seattle, but I spend many of my days working under the fluorescent lights of DAAP. When not in school I've had a chance to work at GE Consumer and Industrial in Louisville, KY, Fitch in Columbus, OH, and Webb Scarlett deVlam in Chicago.

And now, some personal aspirations for the quarter ahead:

-1- I hope to immerse myself in the design world more often whether it be through design blogs, magazines, or discussion.

-2- I plan to be more efficient with my work so there is more time to play. I work best in short intervals broken up by trips to the fridge, a run around the block, or more exciting social adventures. Sitting down with a plan before I start to work is also key.

-3- I also desire to make my sketch style more exciting and dynamic, but not sloppy. STEP1 is to get a clipboard and paper together. STEP2 is practice with a purpose. STEP3 which comes before after and during STEP2 is to observe and emulate other sketching styles I admire.

No comments:

Post a Comment