Sunday, March 1, 2009

So what kind of designer are you?

*** I will preface this entry by saying: most people have a skewed view of themselves and the work they do. It is a constant challenge to step outside yourself and try the see what the rest of the world sees.

I think my number one strength as a designer is empathy for the user. I try to understand a person fully-- from what they say about an experience, to what they do, how they feel, and why. I'm driven by the potential to find that special insight that can lead to a benefit the user never knew they needed, but suddenly can't live without. I love doing this research and I love communicating my findings through visuals and stories.

Check out some of my research in my portfolio at:
http://www.daapspace.daap.uc.edu/files/download/abendam/uabsIC6Ry3xgjCrub0U0fBVLZma2dsVDqS27uBYymN6_yCUOWhOurNd6uEX4wG6e













No comments:

Post a Comment